Healthy teeth are important to your child’s overall health. From the time your child is born, there are things you can do to promote healthy teeth and prevent cavities. For babies, you should clean teeth with a soft, clean cloth or baby’s toothbrush. Avoid putting the baby to bed with a bottle and check teeth regularly for spots or stains.
For all children, you should:-
- Brush teeth with a fluoride toothpaste
- Provide healthy foods and limit sweet snacks and drinks
- Schedule regular dental check-ups
- Six monthly fluoride treatments.
- Application of pit and fissure sealants to prevent cavities.
Forming good habits at a young age can help your child have healthy teeth for life.