A veneer is a thin layer of material placed over a tooth, either to improve the aesthetics of a tooth or to protect damage to a tooth’s surface. These are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials, which require minimum tooth preparation resulting in a very conservative treatment plan.
Minimum thickness ranging from 0.5mm to 0.75mm
There are two main types of material used to fabricate a veneer:
- Composite (Direct veneer), may be fabricated directly in the patients mouth.
- Dental porcelain (Indirect veneer), fabricated in a laboratory which is cemented with a resin cement.
Veneers are routinely used to fix dental problems, but the case selection is very important. Laminates/veneers may be used for the following:
- Teeth that are discolored
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
Warning: include(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /home/smileident/public_html/wp-content/plugins/phpexec.php(61) : eval()’d code on line 2
Warning: include(http://www.smileident.com/sidemenu.php): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/smileident/public_html/wp-content/plugins/phpexec.php(61) : eval()’d code on line 2
Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘http://www.smileident.com/sidemenu.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/smileident/public_html/wp-content/plugins/phpexec.php(61) : eval()’d code on line 2